Earwax, also known as cerumen, is the protective yellow waxy substance secreted in the passage of the outer ear. It protects the skin and helps in the cleaning and lubrication process. Also, earwax prevents bacteria, fungi, insects, and water to enter inside the ear passages. Earwax is completely natural and causes no pain.
On the other hand, ear infections are really painful and disturbing because of inflammation and the fluids accumulated. These infections are mostly caused by some bacteria or viruses and affect the middle ear.
Ear Infection Causes and Symptoms
The main culprits for ear infections are extremely high temperatures, high humidity, and prolonged moisture exposure. Therefore, people who live in humid places, swimmers, and those who often get water in their ears during a shower, are very likely to suffer from ear infections. Plugged ear or ear filled with fluid feeling, tenderness, pain, decreased hearing, and itching, are the common symptoms of ear infection.
Earwax Causes and Symptoms
Furthermore, the main reason for having buildup earwax is improper cleaning with cotton buds. That is, pushing the wax deeper in the ear instead of removing it. The symptoms of build up earwax include plugged ear feeling, itchiness, drainage, hearing loss, pain, ringing in the ear, or dizziness.
How to Eliminate Ear Wax and Ear Infections?
Fortunately, there is a natural remedy of only two ingredients that will help you get rid of these annoying conditions. This remedy will promptly get rid of earwax, reduce an earache, and prevent ear infections.
The Natural Remedy
- 2-3 tablespoons of pure olive oil
- 4 drops of essential garlic oil
First, heat up the olive oil, but make sure you do not heat it up too much, in order to prevent damage to the eardrum. It should be like your inner ear temperature, which is about 98.6 F. Then, add the garlic oil so that you make sure that the bacteria which causes infections is destroyed. Stir the mixture well and by using an eyedropper take a few drops of it. After that, put the drops into your ear while you keep your head tilted for 5-10 minutes so that the oil can do its work. Repeat the procedure twice or three times a day for a couple of days in order to eliminate all of the earwax.
Some Additional Tips
1. Since the ears have their own natural cleaning mechanism you shouldn’t wash them with soap and water. This would never work because the earwax cannot be dissolved with water.
2. The symptoms of these two conditions are very alike and it is not preferable to cure yourself on your own, but you should visit a specialist. If you have an ear infection, the remedy would not work since it is for prevention only.
3. Consult with a specialist if this remedy cannot help you even with prevention of earwax and ear infection.