Dr. Andrew Weil is an American celebrity doctor who has the solution for your restless night. He has developed a yoga-style exercise which will help you fall asleep in less that one minute.
This is a breathing technique that can relieve any stress and internal tension you may be feeling. Moreover, it will help you fall asleep and have a better and deeper sleep. This exercise reduces food cravings, so it will even help with the process of weight loss. You can practice this technique anywhere because it doesn’t take too much time and it doesn’t require any additional equipment. Here are the steps you should follow to implement this breathing exercise.
The 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise
- Star with complete exhaling using your mouth. You will hear a whoosh sound.
- Next, close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
- You should hold your breath for a count of seven.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, while again making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
- This is only one breath. Repeat the cycle for three more times for a total of four breaths.
- During the whole exercise, you should exhale audibly through your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose.
- Practice it at least two times a day.
- Over time, you will feel more powerful benefits.
- Do not practice it too frequently.
- During the first month, do it for four breaths, then, feel free to extend to eight breaths.